What to visit in Georgia
- Tbilisi - The delightful Old Town, tree-lined avenues, the Mtkvari River, fine restaurants and fun bars; Tbilisi is the most charming Caucasian capital.
- Kazbegi - Superb hiking; Tsminda Sameba Church silhouetted against mythical Mt Kazbek is a truly breathtaking sight.
- Davit Gareja and Vardzia - Visit at least one of these extraordinary ancient cave monasteries.
- Batumi - Georgia’s enchanting Black Sea ‘summer capital’, with a party atmosphere against a backdrop of green, mist-wrapped hills.
- Svaneti - The unique Svan culture, ancient defensive towers and the best alpine scenery in the Georgian Caucasus
Three Days Focus on Tbilisi, the fascinating capital, but take a half-day trip to Mtskheta and a day trip to Davit Gareja.
One Week Starting in Tbilisi, you have time to visit the mountains as well as Mtskheta and Davit Gareja. Try a two night stay in Kazbegi.
Two Weeks See all the places listed above, before continuing to Gori, Kutaisi, then either the magical mountain stronghold of Svaneti or fun-loving Batumi on the Black Sea.